Sunday, June 7, 2015

Private Prayers

A Diary of Private Prayer

Come to me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light -Matthew 11:28-30

God, I want to give it to you. I want you to take this from me, Father. I'm tired of feeling alone and hurt. God, you know the circumstances and you understand it far better than I ever could. Help me understand, because I'm tired. I want to feel alive again. I want life running through these dry veins again, God. Let me be fully satisfied in your presence. You alone are my strength, O Father. You alone restore my soul. It says in your word that, "The Lord is good, a refuge in times of trouble. He cares for those who trust in him." -Nahum 1:7

God, I know you care about me and I know you love me. Why can't I be satisfied? Lord, forgive me for not seeing my worth in you. Forgive me for doubting your love and care for me. God forgive me for continuously choosing my sin over you. God I beg of your restoration in my life. I'm worn, I'm tired. I need you. The healing powers only you posses, I need you. I need your fulfillment. People will always fail me, God, but your love is forever. You promise to never leave or forsake me. I don't deserve such a merciful God.


Fill me, Lord.

Fill me.


{February 28, 2014}

No comments:

Post a Comment