Sunday, August 4, 2013

Hardest Lessons

Learning the Hard Way


Something just recently that has been hard to learn was to trust God.  It's so much easier said than done.  But, God has used countless situations this summer to really open my eyes to what it truly means to trust Him.  I have been faced with some of the hardest situations of my life.  Adultery.  Premarital Sex.  Lies.  Loss.  These aren't all, but are a pretty good list nonetheless.  I've had to see people be so angry with me, so mad they couldn't look at me.  But, I know that what I did was the right thing to do, even if it did temporarily leave me without friends. 

Going into further detail, the biggest lesson that has came from this is doing what is right.  I have always been afraid of doing what was right because it could possibly change, or in their eyes ruin, their life.  I've been consulting godly counsel and listening to the Holy Spirit.  I know now that it is not I who ruined their life, but the sin in which they participated.  I have really been obeying God when he says to do certain things or bring to light the sin of a sister or brother of Christ.  He has really been working on obedience with me.

I guess my advice to those who are faced with hard times is to trust that God is in control of the situation.  It says in His word that He has already won! Death is already defeated.  Just do what He has called you to do and not worry about the rest.  When faced with those who resent the decisions you have made, remember that standing up for what is right sometimes allows you to stand alone.  But remember that when you think you are alone, God is right there beside you.


All for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment