Thursday, June 19, 2014

I Am Yours

I Am Forever Yours


Does anyone ever go through periods of feeling extremely lonely? For me, this is quite often. Actually, I spent the majority of my junior semester feeling like this. I can remember for weeks all I did was lay in my bed and cry. I moped to class and honestly didn't have any concern for my appearance. It wasn't a pretty sight at all.

And then one day as I was laying in bed something incredible happened. I did something I didn't normally do--turned on Pandora. A song began to fill the air and the words still to this day pierce my heart.
"Come and rest here, come and lay your burdens down. Come and rest here, there is refuge for you now. You'll find His peace and know you're not alone any more. He is here. You'll find His healing, your heart isn't shattered anymore, He is here." -Here by Kari Jobe
Aren't these words so true? I can remember in that moment feeling so much peace. I can remember truly feeling like the arms of the Lord were embracing me and holding me tighter than anyone ever has before. I felt peace, not just any peace though. I felt the peace that only God in Heaven can give. I remember literally running to my computer and seeing what song was playing. My tears were no more. Even better, I felt all my problems disappear.

It reminds of Matthew 11:28-30:
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
 God's yoke is easy. His burdens are light. My friend described it in this way: "God never intended us to have heavy burdens. He wants us to give Him our heavy burdens in exchange for His light ones and the knowing that He will take care of all things. He taught the sun to rise. He can handle any problem we give Him." What truth!

God promises to take care of us. Remember the bird?

Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment