Thursday, June 12, 2014

Worry

Look at the Birds of the Air


Lately I have been struck with the bad habit of worrying. It's such a bad trap to fall into. Worrying not only causes much grief but it also places doubt in your mind.

A few days ago I was sitting at my new desk in my new room and realized a few important lessons. I guess I should start by saying that, up until this point, I was not happy in my new room. It is ground-level and oftentimes it is humid in the room. Not only that, but little ants sometimes get in through the cracks of the window. But I realized something so important. So many people are without rooms or a warm bed to sleep in. Yet, there I was despising the great place God has given me. This room as allowed me to have a different perspective because I am literally level with the grass. It has allowed me to see so many new things.

One of the biggest lessons I learned was looking out of my window. As I stared out the window, I noticed a tiny bird in the grass. It looked as though it was really having a blast just rummaging through the grass. And then I saw what it was looking for: food. And just as easily as I had realized it, the little bird found exactly what it was looking for. What a beautiful reminder. The bird did not worry about where it was going to find it's next meal. It just went on it's merry day and food was provided at the right time.
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?  Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? -Matthew 6:25-27
It really convicted me, because I know that I am continually worrying. I worry about my future and the plan God has for me. I worry about what career path I will be on. I even worry about what I am going to be doing the next day or if my friends will still care about me tomorrow. But just as that little bird danced in the grass and trusting that food would be there, I need to continue to dance through life giving thanks to the Lord for the things that He has already provided, and for the things I know He will provide in the future. He promises this to all of His children.

No comments:

Post a Comment